via Instagram http://bit.ly/UT7Pca
Wild rice blend with spinach, garlic and tomato black beans recipe
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crushed tomato
- 1 cup wild rice blend or brown rice
- 2 cups water or broth
- Salt, pepper, and one other spice of your choice (curry, paprika, turmeric, garam masala), to taste.
- Bring 2 cups water or broth to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and add rice. Cook for 40 minutes, covered, checking at 30 minutes.
- Cook beans, tomatoes, garlic, spices, and spinach on medium low heat, stirring regularly.
Serve 1 cup rice under 1 cup beans. Serves two-three.
This content is published under the Attribution 3.0 Unported license.